Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 18, 2020
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using the https://www.atnature.fi Website (“Service”) operated by Oy Luontopalvelut AT Nature Services Ltd (“AT NATURE”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
1. Accuracy of information
We do our best to ensure all information of the Service is accurate. If you find any inaccurate information, let us know and we will correct it, where we agree, as soon as practicable. We make no representations that information is accurate and up to date or complete and accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information.
You should independently verify any information before relying upon it.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, or users, are those of the authors or distributors and not of us. We do not necessarily endorse nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the website.
In no event shall AT NATURE, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. AT NATURE, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold AT NATURE harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and/or expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of and/or in any way connected with your access to and/or use of the Service to the extend requested by AT NATURE at its sole discretion.
3. Intellectual Property Rights and Limited License
Under these Terms, AT NATURE owns all the intellectual property rights and materials of the Service (including but not limited, design, files, text, materials graphics, images, pictures, photos, sound files etc.). You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
AT NATURE may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion.
ANY RIGHTS THAT ARE NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED ARE RESERVED.
4. Booking terms and conditions
The given prices include VAT according to the Taxation Laws and Regulations of Finland. AT NATURE reserves the right to change the prices in case of any unforeseen increases in costs (including but not limited to oil, fuel, taxes, sub-services etc.) beyond the control of AT NATURE.
Activities/services are charged full upon booking. Payment options will be presented in our webstore. The payment processors we work with are Stripe (bookings made on Bókun) and Bambora (bookings made on Johku). Please read the terms of Stripe and the terms of Bambora in English and in Finnish.
Customers should print their own confirmation, invoice and terms & conditions for online bookings. The reservations system will send confirmation to the email address provided by the customer. Customer must ensure to get the confirmation. AT NATURE shall not be liable for failed reservations. The customer must contact AT NATURE immediately for assistance, if the booking confirmation is not received. AT NATURE will not be liable for failed internet/online reservations and will not guarantee that the service will still be available, in case this should happen.
If an online booking is successful and a service is no longer available, AT NATURE will offer a suitable available alternative or refund the full amount paid by the customer.
All changes and cancellations need to be made by email. Please contact us by email and refer to your booking number. The requested changes are subject to the written approval of AT NATURE. A cancellation is considered as having occurred when AT NATURE receives it in writing, by 17:00 local time in Finland. If a cancellation is received later than this time, it is considered to have been received the following day.
If a cancellation of an activity is
- more than 7 days prior to the arrival, 30€ office cost will be charged
- 7-0 days prior to the arrival, 100% of the total amount is charged
If a cancellation of an activity with accommodation is
- more than 45 days prior to the arrival, 30€ office cost will be charged
- 22-45 days prior to the arrival, 15% of the total amount is charged
- 21-0 days prior to the arrival, 100% of the total amount is charged
In case of illness same cancellation policy applies which is why we highly recommend valid personal travel insurance.
AT NATURE has right to cancel the reservation:
- If a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or to others or is in poor health.
- In the event of Force Majeure or unreasonable impairment of the Party’s operations due to a similar cause (including but not limited to war, strike, weather, lack of snow, or other natural condition etc.). In this case, the customer shall have the right to a full refund of the payment.
- If credit card details are invalid or not received.
Activities with accommodation
If our sauna cabin or other lodging we use during activity demands an exceptional amount of extra cleaning, or the furniture or items of the room have been damaged, AT NATURE will charge an extra fee for the additional cleaning costs or damages.
The accommodation can be used only for the amount of persons informed in the booking.
Pets are not allowed in our activities or accommodation.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in sauna cabin or other lodging we use during activity. AT NATURE will charge a 500€ fee for smoking in cabin or other lodging.
In sauna cabin there is a 50€ charge for a lost key.
Liability and Insurance
AT NATURE shall exercise pro-activity, contingency, due diligence and appropriate health and safety measures in accordance with the laws and regulations of Finland and Finnish standards of recommended practices of program services at all times when delivering offered services under these terms and conditions.
AT NATURE may only be held liable for personal injuries or material damage arising from accidents that have happened during the delivery of the offered services and which are caused by negligence of AT NATURE’s employees or sub-contractors or by the provision of faulty equipment. AT NATURE is not liable for any accidental damage or injury which has to be indemnified under the travel insurance of a customer. Valid personal travel insurance is always recommended.
Some activities (e.g. 6-8 hrs hiking) can be physically demanding and the participants may be exposed to different kinds of physical strain. In case the customer is having any illnesses or disabilities (for instance heart disease, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems) that could affect his/her ability to take part in the activities, or if she is pregnant, she/he should prior to participating any activities consult medical experts about her/his ability to participate in the activity in question. Should the customer have an illnesses or disability of this nature, he/she acknowledges that he/she participates in the activity at his/her own risk.
AT NATURE and its suppliers reserve the right to change the routing and duration of all activities if necessary according to the prevailing weather and snow conditions or if deemed advisable for the sake of safety and the comfort of the participants. AT NATURE and its suppliers also reserve the right to discontinue an activity if a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/her or to others or is in poor health.
AT NATURE and its suppliers reserve the right to change the guide of an activity in short notice for example due to illness or other compelling reason. This change of guide shall not give rise to any reduction in price, damages or cancellation free of charge.
AT NATURE has a General Third Party Liability Insurance for bodily injury and property damage according to the terms and conditions of Pohjola Insurance Ltd.
5. Gift Cards
- Gift Card is emailed to the buyer by the next business day at the latest.
- Gift Card is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift Cards may be redeemed only online at www.atnature.fi toward the purchase of AT NATURE products (activities and packages).
- On the gift card there is a unique code, which is used to redeem the value of the gift card during the booking process.
- If the product price is greater than the value of the gift card(s), the difference may be paid only with a valid credit card.
- If the product price is less than the value of the gift card(s), then the unused portion will remain on the gift card.
- A gift card, which is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission, will not be replaced. Keep your gift card code in a safe place.
- AT NATURE is not responsible for gift cards that are undeliverable or not received due to your failure to enter an accurate e-mail address. Please check to make sure the e-mail address is correct.
- If you have provided a correct e-mail address, but the e-mail containing the gift card has not been received within a reasonable period, the following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed: 1) Spam filter blocked e-mail or routed it to a bulk/spam folder 2) Recipient’s firewall blocked the e-mail 3) E-mail inbox is over size limit
- If a spam filter is blocking AT NATURE e-mails from getting to an inbox, the e-mail options will need to be modified so AT NATURE e-mails (info(at)atnature.fi) are not considered spam.
6. Links to Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by AT NATURE.
AT NATURE has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that AT NATURE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We value hearing from our visitors/users whether they have any questions, expectations or comments, and are always interested in learning about your suggestions which can promote us to make our Service better. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedbacks, you agree that they are non-confidential and non-proprietary. AT NATURE shall have a right to the unrestricted use of any such comments, ideas or feedbacks for any purpose, commercial and/or otherwise, without acknowledgment and/or compensation to you.
8. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Finland. The Finnish Courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, controversy or claim related to such a demand. The District Court of Lapland (Lapin käräjäoikeus in Finnish) placed in Rovaniemi shall be the court of first instance.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be partly or wholly invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please send us an email: info(at)atnature.fi