5-hour Canoeing Trip with a Local Biologist in Inari
Canoe on a remote river in Inari, visit an ancient forest and enjoy local homemade snacks!
AVAILABILITY: June, August – September
DEPARTURE: 10 am
DURATION: 5 hours
PRICE: Private group 490€ (1–4 persons), 640€ (5–6 persons)
Canoeing on a river is an excellent and unique way to observe the nature of Northern Lapland and Inari. Paddling is easy to learn, so this trip suits well for everyone interested in nature and outdoor activities, even if it was your first time in a canoe.
We pick you up from Inari village to the starting point of the canoeing trip.
While canoeing an easy part of river Vaskojoki, we observe the wildlife and vegetation of river banks. Vaskojoki river runs between the National park of Lemmenjoki and the Wilderness area of Muotkatunturi. Birds are active and easier to follow in spring-summer when arctic nature awakens after long winter. In September, we can admire autumn colours along the river. We also land during our trip to enjoy an open fire snack lunch and to have a short walk on one of the ancient forests beside a river. On request, you can end your trip with a husky camp visit (additional cost).
- transfer from Inari village
- guided canoeing trip by a local biologist
- open-fire hot drink with local snack
- The route is easy, and we canoe at a slow pace.
- Wear rubber boots, and bring also your rain gear with you. Let us know if you do not have any.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- We recommend bringing your camera, binoculars and water bottle.
- We guide in English and Finnish. However, we can help also in German.
If a cancellation is
- more than 7 days prior to the arrival, it is free
- 7-0 days prior to the arrival, 100% of the total amount is charged